Autumn is there, and for me the time to bake again delicious apple pie ! Here is one typical recipe of apple pie as we do it where I come from :
400 g (14 ounces) pie dough – 4 apples – 2 eggs – 10 cl cream (1/2 cup) – 10 cl (1/2 cup) milk – 100 g (4 ounces) caster sugar – 1 tablespoon vanilla sugarPreparation
• Preheat the oven to 210 °C (thermostat 7 – 410 °F).
• Place the dough in a pie dish that has been buttered or lined with waxed paper and prick it with a fork.
• Slice the apples and arrange them on the dough.
• Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
• In the meantime, prepare the custard by mixing the cream, milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla sugar.
• Pour the mixture onto the pie after baking, then brown again in the oven.